CMT Machine operator (Sticher/Finisher)
Division and Department:
Minimum Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Standard 10 / Grade 12 will be advantages
• Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar position and environment.
• Experience in the finishing of fabric banners for display advantageous.
• Above average literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Computer literacy advantageous
• Must be prepared to work overtime / weekends / shifts in accordance with operational requirements.
• Working knowledge of maintenance and repairs of equipment will be advantageous.
Behavioural Dimensions Required:
• Ability to work and cope in highly pressurised environment.
• Good sense of urgency.
• Productivity, quality and safety conscious.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Passionate about getting things done right, first time, every time.
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to adhere to the 5S principles.
• Contribute to team effort and production goals.
• Deadline and goal driven and comfortable working in environment with production targets.
Brief Description of Key Performance Areas:
• Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting materials.
• Prepare machine by changing needles and thread and inspecting machine.
• Sew materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
• Adjust machine settings as necessary after observing machine operation, detecting malfunctions.
• Quality check materials by inspecting work performed for flaws.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; noting necessary repairs.
• Maintains materials and supply levels, noting reorder needs with supervisor, anticipating needed materials and supplies as necessary.
• Minimize waste in terms of time and materials
• Capture performance statistics on tablet to allow planner to monitor progress and plan accordingly.
• Ensure that all tasks are executed in a safe manner with due regard for Amrod’s policies and procedures, regulations specific to the use of equipment and products and regulations prescribed by the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Report unsafe acts / working conditions / injury on duty to the supervisor immediately.
• Maintain good housekeeping standards by Keeping work area clean and organized
• Assist in other areas/departments as and when required
1. All applications must be routed via the applicant’s Departmental Manager or the Human Resources department with an updated CV and motivational letter from the applicant.
2. The Company will take into consideration its Employment Equity Policy when candidates are selected.
3. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements of this position will be considered and/or contacted.
4. If you have not received a response within 5 working days from the date of submission of your CV, please accept that you application was unsuccessful.
N.B. Note that the Company will select candidates with due cognisance of its Employment Equity Policy.