E Learning/Instructional Design Specialist
Division and Department:
Minimum Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Standard 10 / Grade 12 or equivalent.
• NQF Level 7: degree in Information Technology/ Human Resources Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in an e-learning and/or technology-enabled learning particularly in the sales environment.
• Excellent English communications skills to allow for professional communication to internal and external contacts both orally and in writing.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proficient in e learning software.
Behavioural Dimensions Required:
• Ability to lead and influence others positively.
CAP - Consistency - Accountability and Professionalism are top of the agenda in this role
• Passionate about getting things done right, first time, every time and subscribe to the principle of: a place for everything and everything in its place
• Ability to work efficiently, on own or as part of a team, in a highly pressurised environment
• Good sense of urgency
• Develop a proactive and positive culture and be customer centric
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
• High EQ
Brief Description of Key Performance Areas:
• Key Results Areas
• Providing support to the business by integrating technology into the curriculum and working with the business to successfully implement learning technologies
• Assessing instructional needs within the business and identifying applicable solutions to enhance learning
• Development of instructional content used to support online, blended and face-to-face learning interventions.
• Assisting with the development of web based and multimedia instructional materials to support learning and development.
• Designing, developing and delivering professional and technical training for the business on current technologies and new initiatives in the area of instructional technology through web-based tutorials, instructor-led and face-to-face workshops, remote web-conference sessions, and online self-paced training programs.
• Administrative responsibilities:
• Create training schedules and plans for relevant individual staff members and external customers in line with what’s relevant and trending
• Update the AA platform by uploading training material in the relevant folders.
• Distribute invitations for training to relevant participants.
• Manage and resolve any issues or challenges during the training process and log system issues with the investigator.
• Prepare quality reports after each and every training session for all participants, either individually or per group.
• Review training results and success quarterly and identify, and if necessary, recommend enhancements as necessary.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to Manager and Head of Sales.
• Plan and prepare training map for the next month/quarter or year, well in advance.
• Identify and collaborate with other key personnel ‘content matter experts’ within the business in order to produce high modern and innovative course content.
• Protect the integrity of the company at all times.
• Adhere to health and safety requirements and ensure compliance at all times.
• Assist in other positions and departments in accordance with operational requirements.
• Maintain and improve housekeeping and hygiene standards within department.
The e-Learning Specialist will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining functional e-learning programmes and assessments.
This is a specialist role, which is responsible for research, design and development of training content and related workshop material in support of client and/or business requirements.
1. All applications must be routed via the applicant’s Departmental Manager or the Human Resources department with an updated CV and motivational letter from the applicant.
2. The Company will take into consideration its Employment Equity Policy when candidates are selected.
3. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements of this position will be considered and/or contacted.
4. If you have not received a response within 5 working days from the date of submission of your CV, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
N.B. Note that the Company will select candidates with due cognisance of its Employment Equity Policy.